A moist healthy quinoa chocolate chip cookie.
I think that these are the best cookie out there. They are full of healthy guilt free ingredients and taste so good. Super easy to make, I usually make them in a single bowl with one spoon. They satisfy my cookie craving every time without any guilt. My family loves these as snacks for school or for a day at the park. The recipe makes, of course, about two dozen delicious cookies.
So first you’ll start by mixing all the dry ingredients together is a large bowl. I know most recipes say to add the chocolate chips after you’ve combined the wet and dry ingredients, but I honestly never do that. So my chocolate chips get mixed in with the other dry ingredients.
Mix the dry ingredients until the are combined.
Now, in a separate bowl, if you want, combine all the “wet” ingredients. I include the quinoa in as a wet ingredient as you see in the photo. Mix well to incorporate the eggs.
Now add the wet to the dry, if you used two bowls, usually I don’t. I did this time so I could have pictures. Most of the time, I just want to get them made so I can eat them and can’t be bothered with two bowls ?
Mix well. The batter may seem to dry at the start of mixing, but trust me it’s not. Just keep mixing and it will start to moisten up and come together.
Now once you have it completely mix, I use a tablespoon measuring spoon to drop the batter onto parchment lined baking sheets. This way I can fit 24 cookies on each of my two baking sheets. These cookies don’t spread so pretty much as they look now is what they will look like after baking. We kind of like them as little round delicious morsels. You can try to flatten them for a more traditional cookie shape. Though this make affect baking time as they will be thinner now.
Into the oven at 325F for 10 – 12 minutes. And that’s it! Take them out and enjoy warm, or cool completely and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Don’t they look wonderful ?
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Remember that the batter will not spread so flatten if desired. You should be able to make between 48 - 52 cookies.
- Bake at 325F for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Enjoy warm or cool completely and store in air tight container in refrigerator or freezer.