The BEST homemade Hot Chocolate! Creamy, sweet and chocolatey!!
An easy, delicious homemade hot chocolate. This is the perfect drink after a cold day outside tobogganing and playing in the snow.
It finally has gotten cold here. The kids and I were out tobogganing on the local here and when we got home we all felt like having a nice warm mug of hot chocolate. I really really don’t like using the powder stuff that comes out of the packets. So I decided to make my own. I used the homemade chocolate sauce recipe as inspiration. You could easily use a tablespoon or two of the sauce and mix it with warmed milk and have a tasty mug of hot chocolate. Can’t get easier then that!! If you want to make a big pot of hot chocolate, this is an easy recipe to use. Enjoy!
Pour into mugs and top with mini marshmallows and some homemade chocolate sauce. YUM!
- 3 cups milk, skim, 1%, 2%, whole
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2-4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini marshmallows, for serving
- chocolate sauce, for serving
- In a medium sauce pot, warm milk over medium heat.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and condensed milk. Whisk and heat through.
- Pour into mugs and top with mini marshmallows and some homemade chocolate sauce.