Crunchy apples and walnuts with chewy dried cranberries and feta cheese come together with sweet spinach to make this beautiful salad.
I make the salad year round as it pairs nicely with almost any dish; chicken, turkey, roast; I’ve tried them all. It is so easy to put together and tastes delicious. As with any salad I make, I never really measure the amount of things I’m putting in. It usually depends on my mood. 🙂 Sometimes I like a lot of walnuts, so days it’s more apple that I want. So when making this salad feel free to increase or decrease the amounts of the ingredients to suit your taste. I have approximated some amount in the recipe for you to use as a guideline.
In a large bowl, add spinach that has been washed and dried and torn into bite sized pieces. Add diced onion, chopped walnuts, diced apple, dried cranberries, and crumbled feta cheese. Toss well.
Just before serving, top with either a honey balsamic dressing or my favourite a buttermilk mayonnaise dressing.
- 3 - 4 cups spinach, packed and wash, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Toss well.
- Add dressing just before serving. I like to use a buttermilk dressing, but a honey balsamic dressing is nice as well.
- The salad does not keep well once the dressing has been added. If you prefer, add the dressing to each plate once the salad has been served.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and perpper