Purchased lady finger cookies dipped in melted chocolate. Dress them up with some colourful sprinkles. An easy, fun treat for kids and adults.
These chocolate dipped lady finger cookies are the perfect treat to serve at your next party. Simple and delicious.
I give you lady cookies dipped in chocolate! You’ll be dancing for joy at how easy these are to make and how good they taste.
To make these cookies I did try dipping them in the melted chocolate to coat the cookie but that didn’t really work. The best way was just to use a spoon to scoop some chocolate on and then use the back to smear it around the top to cover about 2/3 rds of the cookie. (I only covered the top of the cookie as I found this was enough chocolate coating.) Work with one cookie at a time. Once it is covered in chocolate, place the cookie on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Add sprinkles if desired. You need to put sprinkles on right way as the chocolate hardens quickly. The cookies taste good with just chocolate as well. 🙂
- 2 packages purchased lady finger cookies
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dash of vegetable oil
- a variety of coloured sprinkles and mini chocolate chips, for decorating
- In a microwave save bowl, combine chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir 10 - 15 times to finish melting the chips. If all the chips don't melt, microwave another 10 seconds and stir again.
- Work with one cookie at a time.
- Using a spoon, scoop enough chocolate to cover 2/3 rds of the top of the lady finger cookie with chocolate. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the chocolate over the cookie and remove any excess chocolate.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet. If you are decorating the chocolate covered cookie, do it now as the chocolate will begin hardening. Repeat until all cookies are used.