Baked pears with honey, cinnamon and walnuts. A delicious easy healthy dessert. Serve with some vanilla ice cream, delicious!
It’s a 12 Days of Christmas countdown!! We have decided to do a food version of the classic twelve days of Christmas song. Everyone knows the song right;
So to start things off we are doing baked pears for the first day of Christmas. Pears for the partridge in a Pear tree. 🙂
I found this recipe on www.skinnytaste.com. It’s such a simple, delicious dessert. Perfect for a holiday treat when we all seem to over indulge a bit. 🙂
There are lots of different variations that I’m looking forward to trying. There’s brown sugar and cinnamon drizzled with honey and then baked or microwaved. Or how about cinnamon, nutmeg, pecans and honey. And cranberries, butter, orange zest and honey. Yum, they all sound good!!
When making these baked pears you want to make sure the pears are ripe but not over ripe. After baking in the oven for 30 minutes you want the pears to be soft but not mushy soft.
Cut each pear in half and scoop out the seeds and core. Place each half on a baking sheet. Drizzle with liquid honey, sprinkle with cinnamon, and top with a few chopped walnuts. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Cool before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 larges ripe pears
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each pear in half and scoop out the core. Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with liquid honey, sprinkle with cinnamon, and top with a few chopped walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- To help pears sit flat on the baking sheet, try cutting off a sliver from the bottom of each pear half