A delicious spread that can be served as a dip for vegetables, a spread over crackers, or as a filling for a tortilla. Serve it as an easy appetizer, lunch or supper meal.
A creamy salmon and cream cheese spread that is seasoned with lemon juice, horseradish, dried parsley, and pepper.The combination of salmon, cream cheese, onion and walnuts gives it a terrific flavour and a bit of crunch. A delightful dip or spread that everyone enjoys.
If you are ever in a pinch for time and need a fast, easy, satisfying lunch or supper, remember this recipe!! It takes 10 minutes to make, has simple ingredients that you likely have available and tastes amazing. My favourite way to serve it is spread over a soft tortilla and the wrapped jelly roll style. Cut in half and serve along side coleslaw and baked beans for a full meal.
You could also cut the roll into 1/2 inch thick rounds and serve as an appetizer. Or serve as a dip along side cucumber slices, carrots sticks, bell pepper strips and crackers. If you want to get creative, try forming the salmon mixture into a ball and coat the outside with chopped walnuts and parsley. Place the crackers and vegetables around the salmon ball and serve.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Note I left out the walnuts from this step because I knew I was sending the filling to school for the kids lunch the next day. But normally you would add the chopped walnuts here as well.
To make the mixing a bit easier you can use an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese first then add the remaining ingredients and mix well. You can use an electric mixer for this step if you wish. It does make the mixing a bit easier. 🙂
Spread the filling to the edges of the tortilla and roll jelly style.
Serve with baked beans and coleslaw.
- 3 can pink salmon, drained well
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1 8 oz brick light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. To make the mixing a bit easier you can use an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese first then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Sandwich: Spread a layer of the salmon mixture over a tortilla and roll. Cut in half and serve.
- Appetizers: Cut into 1/2 inch rounds and serve.
- Dip: serve with cucumbers, carrots, red bell peppers, and crackers.