A creamy, hearty and filling ham potato corn chowder. This is a healthy warm chowder for cool nights.
Cool days and nights are here to stay, so it’s time for soups, stews and chowders! You will really like this chowder because it has tons of vegetables and is made with milk instead of cream to keep things healthy and light. The diced ham and chicken broth add tons flavour to this chowder. It’s a quick and easy chowder to make and tastes just as delicious the next day, so make sure you double the recipe! 😉
Add potatoes add cook for another 5 minutes. Add chicken stock salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add potatoes add cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together milk and flour and add to pot. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened stirring often.
- Add corn and ham and cook until heated through.
- Serve warm.