A quick easy alternative for a pie crust.
This graham cracker crust can be used for many different pie and bars. I recently used it for making a pumpkin pie and it was delicious. Next time I’m going to use it to make some cheese cake bars.
To make the crust start by crushing the crackers (if you don’t buy the crumbs). I used my food processor fitted with a blade attachment to crush the crackers.
Add the melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon (optional). Pulse to combine.
Press into the bottom and up the sides of your pie plate. Make sure you really press the mixture in so the crumbs hold together. Fingers work best, but you can use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup.
Bake in the oven at 350F for 7 minutes. Cool.
Now it’s ready to be used for any of your favourite pie fillings.
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed (about 12 full sheets of crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Crush the crackers in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Add melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon (optional).
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 7 minutes.