I’m always on the lookout for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. This cookie is soft and chewy and delicious!!
I love a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie. Dunk it in a glass of cold milk – yum! These cookies definitely satisfy my craving. I hope you enjoy them as well.
Start by creaming the margarine and the sugars together in your stand mixer until it’s well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Add in the egg and vanilla and beat again.
Next add the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch to the bowl. Mix on slow until the flour starts to incorporate.
Then mix on medium until just combined. Don’t over mix. Add the mini chocolate chips or mini M&M’s ( or both!) to the bowl and hand stir.
Drop rounded tablespoon full cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
You should be able to make about two dozen cookies. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 8-10 mins.
Cool slightly on the sheet before moving to a rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep well in an air tight container for up to a week. Though I can’t say from experience as my family has them eaten usually well before the week. 🙂
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup mini M&M's)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and the sugars together until it's well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch to the sugar mixture. Turn on the stand mixer to low speed to combine. Then turn up to medium speed until the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Turn off the mixer and add the chocolate chips and/or M&M's. Stir by hand until well combined. Try not to over stir.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto a baking sheet. Flatten slightly. You should get about 24 cookies.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 8 - 10 minutes at 350F.
- Cool slightly on pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.