One of my favourite slow cooker meals are these BBQ beef sandwiches. These require very little prep work and taste great.
When I made these last week, I forgot to take out the roast from the freezer the night before, so the roast went into the slow cooker frozen and whole.
The mixed the other ingredients kind of around the beef. After it had cooked for a few hours on high, I stirred it around again. After cooking on high for 5 hours the roast was done and I took it out and cut it up into bite sized pieces. Then I returned it to the slow cooker and reduced the heat to low for another hour or so to let the sauce penetrate the beef.
- 1 (2 - 3 lbs) beef roast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 12 large buns of your choice
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except buns. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve on buns.