An amazingly delicious chicken salad croissant sandwich. Sweet purple grapes, crunchy celery and nutty pecans come together in this chicken salad. Amazing!
Today was HOT! Really, really hot! I didn’t want to turn on the stove or oven to make supper for the family. So when 4 o’clock rolled around and I was still trying to think of something to make I was starting to panic. That’s when I remembered these delicious chicken sandwiches I had at a friend’s house a few years ago. Can’t go wrong with a nice cold sandwich on a hot summer day. The ingredients list is super easy and I had everything on hand. (I cheated a bit by using can chicken…)
To start you will need cooled cooked chicken breasts. Since I really didn’t want to turn on the stove (it was 35C but felt more like 40C with the humidity) I opted for can chicken. I know, probably not the best option, but it still tastes great.
Next, I added the mayonnaise, curry, and lemon juice. If you want a healthier version, try plain Greek yogurt to replace some or all of the mayonnaise.
Finally, once the chicken has cooled, add it to the bowl. Mix well. It’s that easy. You can cover the bowl and refrigerate to let the flavours combine. Since I was running low on time, I skipped this step and it still tasted great.
Next slice a croissant in half, place a layer of spring greens on the bottom half, top with filling, and top half of croissant.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked cooled and finely chopped
- 1 cup purple grapes, halved
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted if desired
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Lettuce/spring greens
- Croissant rolls
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate 6 hours, or until ready to use.
- Slice croissant roll in half. Place lettuce on bottom half. Spread chicken filling (about half a cup) over the lettuce. Top with the other half of croissant roll.